Are you ready to celebrate national fresh fruit and vegetable month? Since most of us eat fruit and vegetables; today’s post will let you in on a few creative ways to enjoy these healthy food choices.
National Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Month
In the first place, fruit and vegetables are good sources for nutrients such as:
- In addition, fruits and vegetables have both Vitamin A and Vitamin C
National Fresh Fruit and Vegetable
Now is the perfect time to take advantage of a lot of fresh produce available. With Farmer’s markets in full swing, you can find a lot of different types of vegetables and fruits. Indeed, the trick to buying fresh fruit and vegetables is to eat them quickly as you don’t want them to spoil. For instance, broccoli, fiddleheads, grapes, lettuce and oranges should be refrigerated. And, bananas, melons and tomatoes can be stored at room temperature.
When you’re looking for something new to make for Meatless Monday; why not make a stuffed eggplant, zucchini pasta or stuffed peppers? Also, now is the time to get fresh fiddleheads. Moreover, a great recipe for fiddleheads is to saute with a tablespoon of light virgin olive oil, fresh minced garlic, black pepper and add a spiral vegetable pasta and toss together for the perfect meal.
Creative Ways to Celebrate Fresh Fruit Vegetable Month
So, are you ready to get creative?
- Week 1 – #Add color on a budget. Of course, you can have a lot of fun with red, yellow, orange, purple and green fruits and vegetables.
- Week 2 – Additionally, make sure you store your fruits and vegetables at the right temperature to have them last a little bit longer
- Week 3 – Cook in color. Indeed, you can have a lot of fun adding color to spruce up any meal.
- Week 4 – Finally, bump up fresh fruit and vegetables. Be creative and invent new ways of making a colorful salad, fruit basket or vegetable pasta salad.
No doubt, it is important to eat healthy. Another easy vegetable recipe is to cook either peas and carrots. Next, put them in a blender or food processor. Add a tablespoon of light olive oil and black pepper and puree. Hence, this makes a great side dish with any type of fish.
As always, I welcome your comments.
Happy National Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Month!