MAFS Charlotte finale was last week. Be sure to read my Married at First Sight Charlotte post on the couples from Charlotte. After last season’s bad pairing of Katie and Luke; I was hoping the experts would have been much more careful in their matchmaking efforts. However, that wasn’t the case.
MAFS Charlotte Finale
So, every season is the same concept. When the couples meet for the first time is at the altar. Every season the couples are matched by the experts, Cal Roberson, Pepper Schwartz and this season’s newest expert, Viviana Coles.
The experience lasts for 8 weeks. At the end of the experience, you’re asked “Do you want to stay married or get a divorce”?
- First couple, Deonna McNeil and Gregory Okotie decided to stay married and are growing in their relationship.
- The second couple was Iris Caldwell and Keith Manley. Since I was a fan of this couple, I thought they would stay married. Although Iris wanted to stay married; Keith didn’t feel Iris was the right match for him.
- Next was Amber Bowles and Matthew Gwynne. In my opinion, I never understood this couple as I didn’t feel Matthew every took this seriously. In the first place, none of his family knew he was getting married and his family was never introduced. Also, Matthew continued throughout the experience to not come home regularly and many of Amber’s friends and peers saw him with other Woman.
- Finally, the last couple to make a decision was Elizabeth Bice and Jamie Thompson. Although this couple seemed to have a volatile relationship; they were one of the only couples to say the “L” word. They both agreed to stay married and hopefully their relationship will stay on a positive course.
MAFS Charlotte Finale Reunion
After the finale, the couples meet again. Meanwhile, the finale reunion is two months after decision day. When the cameras stopped rolling and without the advice of the experts; what couples stayed together? Did any of the couples reunite? Divorce?
- First, Iris and Keith still speak; however they’re divorced.
- Second, Deonna and Gregory are happily married. They’re hoping to start a family in the near future.
- Third, Amber and Matthew rehash their relationship. Sadly, Matthew said within 15 minutes of meeting Amber; he didn’t think the relationship was going to work.
- Finally, Elizabeth and Jamie were last. They spoke about he challenges they had after the experiment ended. Based on their challenges; they have had some ups and downs, but ultimately stayed together.
In short, MAFS Washington DC is next. Until then…
As always, I welcome your comments on the MAFS Charlotte Finale.